Health and Wellness
Questions to ask a Wellness Practitioner or a
1) What are the benefits of Yoga? Tell me about the different styles of Yoga. Which styles are more athletic, relaxing or spiritual?
2) What are the benefits of massage? What is the difference between Therapeutic/Medical Massage, Deep Tissue, Swedish, Shiatsu and Reiki? What does Rolfing do? I've heard about aroma therapy, does it really work?
3) What can you tell me about acupuncture? Is there a difference between classical and modern day Chinese Medicine called Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)? What does herbal medicine help with?
4) What is the best way to get into shape? What does working with weights do? Will I end up with large muscles?
5) What does cardio./aerobic exercise mean? I want to burn calories. Which is best: running, treadmill, walking, spinning, dance, step or kickboxing?
5) Should I be stretching? What are the benefits of Pilates, Gyrotonics, Feldenkrais, and Alexander Technique?
6) My cholesterol is high. Which exercise is best?
7) What foods should I be eating? Do special diets work?
8) I have a lot of stress. What is the best way to relax? Should I learn how to meditate? How can I lower my blood pressure?
9) Can you tell me about Martial Arts? What is the benefit of that kind of exercise? What are the differences between Karate, Kung Fu, JiuJitsu, Judo, Aikido?
10) I've seen someone doing Tai Qi. What does that do?
11) I'm thinking about learning how to dance. What are my choices and what are the benefits? What is Zumba?
12) I was athletic when I was younger. Can you help me get back in shape for.....(tennis, basketball, bowling, swimming, running, soccer, wrestling, hiking etc.)
13) Do vitamins help? Is there anything I should be taking to help me relax?
14) Do you have recommendations to help me sleep better? I need more energy. What do you suggest?
15) I have arthritis. Would exercise help or hurt my joints?
16) Do you offer Physical Therapy to help me recover from an old injury?
17) I have a bad back. Can I exercise? What types of movements are best for helping my back?
18) Do I need to do something every day to stay in shape?
19) I don't have any time. What kind of exercise would give me the most benefit in the least amount of time?
20) I feel like I've aged overnight. How can you help me feel and look younger?